Blood Orange Margarita
The acidity of fresh blood orange juice in this margarita is outstanding. The bright, tart flavors of blood orange makes a brilliantly colored cocktail and not to mention very refreshing too.
- 3 oz fresh Blood Orange Juice
- 2 oz Tequila
- 1 oz Triple Sec
- splash of agave nectar (syrup)
1. Rub the rim of an old fashioned glass (or whatever similar vessel you prefer) with an edge of a blood orange slice. Swirl the rim through a small pile of kosher or sea salt to salt the rim.
2. Combine all ingredients into a cocktail shaker, add ice and shake for 15 seconds.
3. Put a few cubes of ice in your glass. Strain the cocktail into the glass and enjoy.