Ciulama chicken with mushrooms
Ciulama = White Roux Sauce . ( Ciulama is a term used in Romania )
More about Roux : Roux is a cooking mixture of wheat flour and fat (traditionally butter). It is the thickening agent of three of themother sauces of classical French cooking: béchamel sauce, velouté sauce, and espagnole sauce.
- 500 gr. fresh mushrooms chempignon
- 300 gr. chicken breast
- 300 gr. cream
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 onions
- 1 bunch of parsley
- salt and pepper for taste
1. Wash and cut the chicken into pieces , add salt , fry in a little oil , then remove and leave in a covered container.
2. Finely chop the onion and put it to fry , until it becomes glassy and then you can add the mushrooms (washed, peeled and sliced).
3. The mushrooms will boils in its own juice, when it falls it you can add a little water.
4. Add the fry chicken over the mushrooms.
5. Meanwhile , in a bowl we can mix sour cream with flour ‘in the rain “, add salt and pepper. This mixture flips over the mushrooms and chicken.
6. May let simmer 10-15 minutes. Then add the chopped garlic and parsley.
Usually served with polenta.