Strawberry Scones with Lemon Glaze
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
- 1 cup heavy cream, plus more for brushing on top of scones
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, diced
For the lemon glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar; mix thoroughly.
- Cut the butter.Make a well in the center and pour in the heavy cream.
- Mix just to incorporate.
- Add strawberries and gently toss to combine.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and form into a rectangle.
- Place into oven and bake until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
For more details please visit : damnelicious